Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ABR TV Preview: Josey and Butler



As I stated in an earlier post, after several weeks of coverage, I believe I know some teams better than others.  And "knowing" a team is not the same as believing that team is better than another.  At this point, I feel like I know more about Josey than I do Butler.

Josey's record so far implies that the play of sophomore dynamo Darius Williams (featured above) will be enough to keep the Eagles competitive.  And Josey has defeated all of the teams I feel they "should have" beaten.  But the team may lack the firepower and strength inside to get a lot of wins against the area's top teams.

Butler (featured below) remains more of a mystery to me, possibly because they haven't played in this area in the last 10 days (that feels like a lifetime when watching all of this basketball).  The Bulldogs' two losses have been against top notch programs from outside the area.  But the team's "signature win" versus Laney came on the second day of the season, and the effort was aided by the extraordinary performance of Dontae Coleman, who scored 37 points, including 21 in the fourth quarter.

Our new "Area Top 10" list will be released on tomorrow's episode of ABR TV (8 PM at ABRLive.tv).  And Butler will certainly be near the top of this list.  But the best information about where these teams fit will come Friday when the Eagles host the Bulldogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment