Monday, November 12, 2012

Marcus Stroman: True Point Guard, True Leader


In the last post, I shared my opinion about Keenan High School's back court.  This one is all about the point guard of that pair, Marcus Stroman.  I can't say enough about how impressed I am with Stroman as a leader.  He does whatever it takes to win.  And in Saturday's scrimmage he showed that his ability to produce a win for his team includes the ability to score in bunches.  Augusta's basketball community, out in full force to see its defending state champion Laney Wildcats face Stroman's Raiders, was treated to an impressive display in the second half as Stroman led his team back from a 14 point deficit to win interstate bragging rights.

The run that the future South Carolina Gamecock leader ignited began with a crowd pleasing dunk in the second half.  After that moment, Stroman could seemingly do no wrong.  See for yourself in the highlights above!

PS - to my hometown friends: I am as big of a Laney fan as anyone who didn't attend the school can be.  And the highlights of that impressive team's impressive performance in Saturday's scrimmage are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment