Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Watch Out for Butler

Earlier I posted highlights of Butler guard Dontae Coleman.  But the Butler Bulldogs squad is far from a one man show.  The team is as balanced as any in the area.  Senior Ronald Jones provides strength, experience, and leadership inside.  And senior point guard Marquis Burton is a good ball handler and shooter who understands how to play the game.  These three are joined by a cast of inside and outside players who make the Bulldogs a deep and diverse team.  I didn't expect Butler to handle Spring Valley so easily in Saturday's scrimmage.  I am looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs in the Thanksgiving Classic (November 23-24).  I specifically look forward to seeing the Saturday game against the Laney Wildcats (the subject of my next post).


No comments:

Post a Comment